By Charles E. Wyman
Plant biomass is attracting expanding cognizance as a sustainable source for large-scale creation of renewable fuels and chemical compounds. even though, with a view to effectively compete with petroleum, it is important that biomass conversion procedures are designed to lessen expenditures and maximize yields. Advances in pretreatment know-how are serious with a view to enhance high-yielding, cost-competitive routes to renewable fuels and chemicals.
Aqueous Pretreatment of Plant Biomass for organic and Chemical Conversion to Fuels and Chemicals provides a accomplished evaluate of the at the moment on hand aqueous pretreatment applied sciences for cellulosic biomass, highlighting the elemental chemistry and biology of every strategy, key attributes and barriers, and possibilities for destiny advances.
Topics lined include:
• The value of biomass conversion to fuels
• The function of pretreatment in organic and chemical conversion of biomass
• Composition and constitution of biomass, and recalcitrance to conversion
• Fundamentals of biomass pretreatment at low, impartial and excessive pH
• Ionic liquid and organosolv pretreatments to fractionate biomass
• Comparative facts for program of best pretreatments and impression of enzyme formulations
• Physical and chemical positive factors of pretreated biomass
• Economics of pretreatment for organic processing
• Methods of research and enzymatic conversion of biomass streams
• Experimental pretreatment platforms from multiwell plates to pilot plant operations
This accomplished reference publication presents an authoritative resource of knowledge at the pretreatment of cellulosic biomass to help these skilled within the box to entry the most up-tp-date details at the topic. it's going to even be priceless to these getting into the turning out to be box of biomass conversion.